Need something a little more filling to get you through the day. This recipe is guaranteed to keep you fuller and leave you feeling satisfied. I love having my protein first thing in the morning to start my days off with lots of energy and not crashing from breakfast 2 hours after eating it. So sometimes if I really need it,(especially when I know the studio is slammed for the day and I have to teach through lunch) I’ll do a lentil bowl first thing in the morning, only thing if you’re tight on time you have to cook it all the night before. But make a large batch and top it with an egg or piece of Salmon for the perfect lunch or dinner!
- 2 C lentils
- 3 C of veg stock (may need a little more)
- 1 bunch of kale
- 4 carrots
- 1 bunch of beets
- ¼ head of cabbage
- ½ onion
- ¼ cup of nori flakes
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- 2 Shallots
- 1/2 orange- zested
- ¼ C olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place lentils into a sauce pot add veg stock, season with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat until lentils suck up the liquid.
- Add all chopped vegetables to a baking pan or dish with olive oil and salt and pepper. Cook for about 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place lentils in a bowl, add with cook vegetables. Top with pumpkin needs, nori flakes, and orange zest